Sunday, August 26, 2007

January in Berzerkley








These are some photographs from Berkeley in January 2006. I gave a talk at Mrs. Dalloway's Books on College Avenue, a nice independent bookstore. The turnout was good and I met alot of interesting people that night.

My childhood friend Garrett Scott showed up, classically late as usual. It wouldn't be Garrett without him being a bit late. He was in San Francisco doing research on a documentary film about Jim Jones and San Francisco politics. He was an up-and-coming documentary filmmaker who did acclaimed documentaries Cul-du-Sac: A Suburban War Story and Occupation Dreamland, which won a major award from the Independent Spirit Awards in March 2006. He was also a semi-finalist for the Oscar's in documentary filmmaking. With much sadness, he died in early March 2006 before he could receive the award. He will be sorely missed, and I feel like I lost my left-brain when he died, his mind and way of thinking was so inspirational. I'll post on Garrett in the future, but it's been hard even to view photographs of him since he passed away.

Tabby and I saw our friends John and Katie Eller with Garrett while in S.F., so here's the picture.

No comments: