Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summertime Blues

I haven't posted anything in awhile, as I've been gone most of the spring. I was at the Norman Music Festival in late April to play the festival with my band, and record some new songs at Bell Labs. After that, I was off to UC Santa Cruz to give the keynote address at a research symposium. I was home for one week, then went on tour with the band. The whole time, Tabby and Spencer have been away to visit her mom in Maryland. They have been gone for almost 8 weeks, which is a bit too long, so I've got the summertime blues at the moment. I thought I would catch up a bit on last summer, around this time, so I can think about what Tabby, Spencer and I will do when they get back home.

I'll do some more posts in the coming weeks, to catch up and not spend too much on my podcast!



Last summer, my mom and Brian came to visit, and we went to Audubon nature preserve outside of Lincoln.











Spencer at Trego Park.


Barbara and Brian.


June last year, Pat, Kya, Kes, and Tara came to visit and it was a blast. We rented a platform to paint the trickiest part of the house.














We had to cut our tree down, and here's the crew who did it.


Last July, we played a show at the Opolis, and we stopped in this very cool town in Kansas called Herrington. Spencer really liked the park because it had old trains in it.





Brad and I at the Ponca City skatepark.


Spencer likes to play Ron's drums, he started to play them before he was a year old.






We spent a week in San Diego, to visit my mom, and Spencer did his first boogie boarding at the beach, with my niece Kate.





Spencer liked washing the car.











Last September, we went to Philly for my friend Paul's wedding, and to the opening of the National Building Museum exhibition I consulted on. We hung out with our friends Dave and Erin in Rittenhouse Square. Spencer dug all reflecting pool and statues.














This is Paul, who got married!


Spencer at Grandma's pool. He is evidently a little fish this summer already.


No comments: