Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Written Word


This year I had two little writings published, one in a major exhibition catalog and the other a foreword to my good friend Brad Hayes' new book of paintings and skate philosophy, But I Did. I was very gratified to be asked by both the National Building Museum and by Brad to contribute to their publications.
If I had to choose between the two as my favorite, I have to choose the foreword to somebody else's book, which is always a real honor among writers. Both were killer, do not get me wrong, but to write the foreword to your best bro's work is the ultimate writing gig, that is, it's really hard to write about your best friend's artwork! The essay on the NMB catalog is scholarship, which I consider kind of like work and the result of years of scholarly training. You can purchase either publication on my link list, Yale University Press for Designing Tomorrow and Sharklahoma for But I Did.

No comments: