Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wartime Sugar

After three years playing guitar in my garage rock group, Zombie vs. Shark, we will release our first recording, Wartime Sugar. It's a 12-song L.P. we recorded with Trent Bell at his studio in Norman, Oklahoma called Bell Labs in January of this past year. The tunes are straight up garage punk. Trent did an awesome job engineering and mixing the album, as well as his easy demeanor to have us try some new approaches to our songs. It was very fun and we will do a 4-song, 7" vinyl single at his studio again sometime in the early summer.



You can purchase Wartime Sugar online in digital form by song or the whole album at Bandcamp on my link list to the right. You can also buy at physical copy of the CD from our label, Modern Peasant Records through the Bandcamp portal. It is $5.00 for the album with $2.00 in shipping. We may press a 12" vinyl edition sometime next summer in 180 gram colored vinyl, so stayed tuned!



Our friend Tara Malone's friend Aaron took these photos below from our gig with Debris' and John Wayne's Bitches at The Opolis in Norman on July 10, 2010. We will have our record release party on December 11, 2010 at The Opolis with those same bands. Hopefully we'll see everyone there!







Zombie vs. Shark, The Hi-Lo Club in April 2009.


3 comments:

sharklahoma said...

"Culturally political"? I've been listening to it a bit and have come to the conclusion it's a fun album. Having not been there, I'm sure it's something completely different to you guys, but at the end of the day it's just a rock-n-roll record. It gets me excited, but I don't walk away feeling more educated or anything. Not that I wanted to.

Great job on it. (maybe just don't over-think it, it sounds scary that way.)

sharklahoma said...

No worries, I welcome the hard time. (and of course you have a wordy way of making it all make sense, you smart bastard you.

So, you totally win- Stoked to hear what everyone else thinks (and the show) on the 11th. See you in Norman, mane.

Matt Bokovoy said...

Thanks Brad, I appreciate it. You were right, it was pretentious of me to have to state what the album is about, so I decided to take it down and let people decide what they think about it.

I think I had too many interfaces with selfish, whiney baby boomers yesterday, and was highly agitated all day long.

I'll look forward to seeing you at the gig, and on my drive down. I'll give a call today.

Cheers!